Sign Up for my Newsletter

Saturday, 29 July 2017

Just For Fun - July

We had fun with masks at this months Just For Fun classes.
Not the mannequin type masks, decorative ones, stencils - Pattern Party Masks.
I was a little surprised that some of the ladies hadn't used them before but they enjoyed putting them to the test. We made 4 cards, using sponge daubers, sponge rollers, and..... a silicone mat!
So, lets start with the first one, a 6" square card in fresh fig.
Here we used the medallion style mask, sponge daubers and a selection of inks - elegant eggplant, berry burst, tranquil tide and lemon lime twist. Some of the ladies went for a deep colour, some lighter. A couple of them just used 2 colours - they all looked different.
The centre piece was punched using the daisy punch and gold foil card which was then given a 'hammered' look with a stylus. In my stash I had a pack of doilies from the retired catalogue which are vanilla on one side and white on the reverse. We snipped out the centre for the flower.
On this second card we again used the medallion style mask with melon mambo for both the card base and the ink. This gives a more watermarked effect. 
On the strip of white card we used another mask and lemon lime twist ink. The sentiment, from Feather Together stamp set, is in black, the thick bakers twine has been tied and then the trailing pieces unwound which resembles the end of a tassel.
This next card used the cloud mask - this mask will be oh,so popular! So many uses.
We used the sponge rollers and smoky slate ink on soft sky card. When applied by roller through the mask it doesn't look as if there is any ink on the roller and the image on the card seems faint until the mask is removed and the image revealed. Before removing the mask we traced around the edges of each cloud quickly with a chalk pen. The balloon and sentiment from the Lift Me Up stamp set are in real red.
Our final card is different. I showed the ladies how to further extend their masks by using them in place of embossing folders***. For this one we used the brick mask.
We used a different mask to emboss the copper foil card, using the same technique. The card is finished by stretching a piece of copper trim and topping it with a stamp from Banners and Badges.
*** If you would like to know how to use your masks in place of an embossing folder, thus extending the use of them as tools in your stash, do pop back as I'll be telling you how!
Lesley x


No comments:

Post a Comment